NUTRITIONAL THERAPY clinic
PERSONALISED NUTRITION TO HELP MAXIMISE YOUR HEALTH POTENTIAL
Nutritional Therapy is an evidence based Personalised Nutrition approach. As well as your diet it considers your genetic make up, your medical history, your physical symptoms, your emotional state and lifestyle factors. A bespoke plan is devised to improve your diet, fitness, stress levels and sleep patterns to optimise your health for the long term.
Nutritional Therapy is a complementary therapy and works effectively alongside conventional medicine. It is is particularly effective for chronic conditions such as obesity, digestion problems, arthritic pain and low energy.
We live in an age where you are only one click away from finding potential answers to your health questions but this is mostly generic “one size fits all” health advice - what works for one person may not work for you. In a world of fad diets, food myths and calorie counting, it is easy to get carried away with the latest trend and feel confused.
Questions abound - How much sugar is ok? Is fat bad for you? Which diet is best? Are supplements necessary?
We recommend our clients to undertake a DNA health test (simple mouth swab) to provide specific information about how your DNA interacts with the food you eat.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM OUR PLANS
the aartizen life method
Do you want more energy?
Do you want to feel healthier and happier?
Do you want a personalised health plan that suits your genetic blueprint and your lifestyle?
Do you want a qualified nutrition expert to coach you through your health transformation and embed these habits for the long-term?
Many of us have a good sense of what we need to eat and do to keep well, but putting theory into practice and changing habits is a hard process. This is where the Aartizen plans stand out. We don't just give you the information, we provide you with the coaching and use powerful behaviour change techniques to make this change a reality. It works and we have seen the success with our clients.
London based clinic
I offer one to one consultations at two clinics listed below.
The first consultation should ideally be a face to face meeting. If this is not possible, a video call or telephone consultation can be arranged.
North London (Totteridge) - FM Skin Clinic, 2A Hill Crescent, Totteridge, N20 8HD.
North London (Finchley) - Health Space 307 Clinic, 307 Regents Park Road, Finchley, N3 1DP.
West London (Ealing) - Temple Pharmacy, 110 Pitshanger Lane, Ealing, London, W5 1QP.
I also offeR
1) 2, 3, 4 month plans
3) Workshops for families, schools, public health authorities - contact me so we can discuss what you are looking for
5) Cupboard clear outs - 60 minute session (£100 per hour in the London area)
6) Grocery shopping trouble shooting - bespoke 60 minute session
7) Online courses - these are being created currently and will be ready soon.
How to book?
In order to book your consultation please fill in the booking form and short medical questionnaire online. This enables me to ascertain whether it is appropriate for me to work with you. If you prefer you can also book in for a 15 minute discovery call to find out more about me and how I can help you.
What does the consultation process involve?
The first step of the consultation process involves some homework from you!
2. Completion of a detailed Nutritional Therapy Questionnaire - this will enable me to give you a detailed overview of your current health status and understand your health aims.
2. Completion of a 3-day food and lifestyle diary. This is a great way to raise your own awareness of your diet and take an objective look at your daily routine (sleep, activity levels).
3. You will be asked to do a DNA test. This test analyses relevant Nutrition and Lifestyle genes and involves a mouth swab. You will find out fascinating information about your genes. For example - your carbohydrate sensitivity, lactose tolerance, caffeine tolerance, alcohol sensitivity, vitamin and mineral metabolism eg do you need more omega 3 fats? This genetic information serves as a useful guide and a personalised Nutrition Plan works with your genetic blueprint, your diet and lifestyle in order to optimise your health.
Your first consultation
We will discuss your medical history, your current health, any health problems, your diet and lifestyle and set your health goals.
What you will receive:
A health MOT report (current health status)
SMART goals to work towards
A personalised health plan
Monthly meal plan
Functional test recommendations - I may recommend some functional tests that will give us more insight into your condition and symptoms. For example - female hormone test, stool test, adrenal testing for stress using saliva samples. The functional tests are priced separately from the consultation fees. Your test results will be interpreted in the follow up consultation (usually 4 weeks later).
These will take the form of monthly 45 minute coaching sessions where we will review the past month, trouble shoot any challenges, re-set goals where required and keep track of your progress. This frequent level of contact with one another is important to help create and embed the positive changes you are trying to achieve. The number of coaching sessions will depend on the length of plan you go for.
Functional testing can be a useful way of identifying specific imbalances. A summary is listed below.
Some of the tests listed below can be obtained from your GP and I can write to them after your consultation and request these tests to be undertaken where it is deemed appropriate and necessary. In instances where you are unable to access the GP quickly enough these tests can be undertaken by private reputable labs.
DNA life or DNA FIT -
2. Vitamin D
3. Biocare Lab - Vitamin and Mineral analysis
4. Thriva tests - Hba1c, cholesterol, liver function
5. Full thyroid panel
6. Stool tests
7. Body composition analysis - Boditrax (available in some gyms) - useful tool for fat and muscle ratios
8. NHS tests done privately